What are the benefits of a Master Franchise?
- You retain 100% of the sub-franchise fees sold in your master territory.
- You receive royalties from your sub-franchise locations within your master territory.
- You receive a portion of the income from all gelato kits sold in your territory to your sub-franchisees
- You receive profits derived from your owned and operated stores.
- You have the ability to leverage multiple profit centers
- The opportunity to decrease the cost per unit associated with items such as administration and marketing
- It can make it easier to weather harsh economic times
- Once established appropriately you can put a strong team in place, freeing yourself of day-to-day management responsibilities
What support will you receive?
As in all our interactions, Gelatissimo strives to produce consistent smiles from our key strategic partners. As a result, we have proactively equipped our organization with premium franchisee profit-centric systems that are designed to protect our most valuable assets vigilantly – our master franchisees and sub-franchisees.
Those support elements include:
- Cost-free project funding review by U.S. industry experts
- Site selection and lease negotiation assistance
- Design, décor and construction support
- Comprehensive 10-day initial training in your corporate store
- Grand opening marketing and event planning
- Community fundraisers and campaigning efforts
- Innovative and effective marketing initiatives
- Local and brand-centric public relations assistance
- Ongoing dedicated Master Franchise Operations Support Manager.
How much does a Gelatissimo Master License cost?
The Master license cost is dependent on the Master Territory itself; however, it typically starts from USD $100,000.
How long does it take to open a store?
Altogether, we suggest allowing up to 20 weeks. If there is a site and lease available that suits your needs, the build phase is approximately 12 weeks long. Subject to size of site and available contractors.
What is the term of the Franchise agreement?
The term of the Master Franchise agreement will be set at 10 years with an option period for a further 10 years.
Where is the product to be sold coming from?
All our gelato is made fresh in-store. We will provide the majority of the products required for you and your sub-franchisees to make your gelato. This ensures the product standard in each master franchise area is the same high-quality standard. However, there will be some things we will work with you on that will only be suitably available in your own area.
What are my responsibilities as a Master Franchisee?
The franchisee is tasked with helping to develop and grow the territory along with adhering to the development schedule agreed upon by yourself and us.
Depending on your agreement, this can be done by signing sub-franchise agreements, finding and signing up sub-franchisees, training sub-franchisees, ensuring compliance with the sub-franchise agreement, including royalty payments, developing a marketing strategy, maintaining quality control, and general support of the sub-franchisees.